(Sr.) Associate Scientist, Immunology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo immune assays for target validation, drug candidate evaluation, mechanistic studies and biomarker development.
- Participate in the design and implementation of pharmacodynamic and biomarker assays for cancer immunotherapies.
- Work to advance product candidates into clinical development.
- B.S. or M.S. degree with 5+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in immunology or cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g. MLR, T-cell proliferation, monocyte differentiation, etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays a plus
- Primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Development and execution of biomarker assays for drug candidates
- MSD, ELISA, and/or molecular biology assays (qPCR, CRISPR) desirable
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment
We are seeking an experienced Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist with a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and characterization of novel cancer immunotherapy drug candidates. These responsibilities may include running in vitro adaptive and innate immune system assays, studies to characterize drug pharmacology and mechanism of action, and identifying and prioritizing new cancer immunotherapeutic product candidates.