(Senior) Research Associate, Flow Cytometry
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
Seeking talented candidates to contribute to our early stage oncology projects. A successful applicant will be comfortable performing high risk/high impact research, work collaboratively across various projects to meet milestones, and play a key role in building the culture of the company as it grows. Applicants should have current knowledge of flow cytometry and immunology, cell-based assays, PCR based assays. Prior experience with ex vivo tissue processing is required. We are seeking individuals who are passionate and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment.
- Perform ex vivo tissue processing and staining for flow cytometry, develop high throughput procedures for sample processing.
- Perform daily instrument QC, maintain and troubleshoot flow cytometry instrument
- Isolation and characterizing primary lymphocytes by surface marker using multi-color flow cytometry.
- Help developing and optimizing new multi-color panels.
- Following laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- Ex vivo tissue processing, staining, and operating multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Basic molecular biology techniques: DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-qPCR, qPCR
- Primary cell cultures and cell-based assays such as isolation of leukocytes from PBMC, cytokine release assays, ELISA, and Luminex/MSD is a plus
- Experience with tumor immunology is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and documentation
- Highly motivated; possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team in a fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor s degree in immunology, cell biology or related discipline
- 1-4 years experience (academic or industry)