Cambridge Metro Area, Massachusetts
This position is for an enthusiastic scientist who will be involved in the discovery of novel cancer treatments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- design and implementation of a variety of protein biomarker assays in order to understand the effects of novel therapeutics and their mechanism of action;
- keeping careful records of the experiments.
- strong experience in design, validation and implementation of ELISA and related assays for analysis of biological specimens;
- knowledge of protein characterization methods (gel electrophoresis, Western blotting);
- experience in handling biological samples (tumors, serum, etc.);
- good knowledge of scientific graphing and curve fitting software and general computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- experience in protein biomarker research;
- experience in oncology research is a plus.
Master's degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular biology, or related disciplines with 3-5 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 5-10 years of experience.