Team Leader, Small Molecule Translational Drug Development
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
- Manage programs ranging from early drug discovery to Phase 2 clinical trials.
- Lead a cross-functional team responsible for developing compounds as the program transitions from target identification, through candidate selection to IND filing and exploratory clinical development.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the vision and drug discovery and development strategy for the program and to provide experienced leadership and direction to the cross-functional team.
- Responsible for interacting with the company s partners to coordinate all scientific activities and manage the project s resources and expenses.
- Drive strategic and operational decisions, through a deep understanding of the target biology, candidate optimization, use of translational disease models to evaluate therapeutic indication selection and clinical development.
- Must have a Ph.D. in a Biological Science plus Post-Doc and a successful track record of leading program teams from target validation through early clinical development.
- At least 7 years of industry experience in drug development, including experience in early phase non-clinical and early clinical drug development.
- Exceptional decision-making and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to promote collaborations.