Sr. Algorithm Developer
Los Angeles Metro Area, CA
- Creation of energy management strategies based on available markets such as real time pricing, frequency regulation, demand management and demand response.
- Modeling site load profiles for performance forecasting and predictive logic.
- Algorithm development for the management of distributed resources.
- Participation in all aspects of the product development process with particular emphasis on SW development and testing.
- Development of analysis tools to provide system sizing, optimal technology blend and financial performance.
- Create and maintain Software requirements and design documentation.
- Write algorithms that will be deployed into a cloud based microservice architecture.
- Write algorithms that will be deployed on to an embedded Linux controller.
- Expert at developing predictive and resource optimization algorithms.
- Track record of delivering reliable and robust products.
- 5+ years of experience working in a development environment.
- Knowledge of software requirements, architecture and documentation.
- Skilled at developing and deploying algorithms in Python.
- Other software experience (i.e. Python, MATLAB, C/C++, R).
- Experience working with SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Experience with any of: Docker, CI/CD, GitLab, GRPC, protobufs is preferred.
- Work in an Agile (SCRUM) engineering environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, and cross-functional interface skills.
- Effective communication of project results in written reports and presentations.
- Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes, analyzing possible solutions, and taking appropriate action.