Snr Associate Scientist _HTS
San Diego Metro Area, California
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 6 years of industrial experience or Master s degree with at least 4 years of industrial experience in a drug discovery setting.
- Design and conduct in vitro cell biology experiments and assay development
- Maintain and characterize cancer cell lines
- Perform compound profiling using various cell-based assays, import and organize data in database, and report results to relevant people or project team.
- Perform cell-based screen of compound library and validate hits for SAR projects.
- Be able to use automation to increase throughput of cell-based assays.
Previous industrial experience in drug discovery is required.
Familiar with various cellular assays in high-throughput formats and automation equipment.
Must have strong data handling skills including importing/exporting data into/from database, organizing data in an easy-to-interpret manner. Experience with a variety of scientific software applications is also required.
Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills.