Snr Associate Scientist - Cellular Immunology
San Diego Metro Area, California
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology or related with 6 - 8 years industry Experience
- The qualified candidate will participate in testing novel antibody candidates in functional assays in addition to performing mechanism-based in vitro studies.
- Will implement existing HTS platforms to assess target binders for functionally in relevant systems to support multiple programs at varying stages of antibody discovery.
- Design and execute complex human cell based assays and mechanism of action studies. Also, perform routine and complex data analysis to triage leads for affinity maturation.
- Isolate and expand human primary immune cell populations for in vitro functional assays.
- . Perform routine Biotherapeutics assays on identified antibody leads prior to DC nomination, including Fc R binding, effector function, and human cytokine release.
- Cross-trained in multiple flow cytometry platforms. Also have the capacity to assist colleagues in performing flow analysis.
- Familiar with multi-parameter flow cytometry analysis (surface/intracellular staining) using LifeTechnology Attune, BD Celesta FACsCalibur etc. Experience in High Content Imaging system a plus.
- Proficiency with FlowJo, Prism, Microsoft office applications
- Expert understanding in tissue culture, human and cynomolgus immune cell isolations, and familiarity with gene reporter systems.
- Solid understanding of cellular immunology.
- Familiarity in molecular and biochemistry techniques, including cell transfections, Western blotting, DNA manipulations, and qPCR analysis, are desired.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of drug discovery and antibody discovery process is preferred.