Senior Research Associate, Immunoassay Development
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
This position will support the diagnostics research function in Immunoassay and mAb development projects.
- This includes design of experiments for testing new immuno platforms for proteins corresponding to biomarkers of infection or other diseases.
- The research associate will work with a diverse team of scientists and will be directly involved in novel research initiatives and immunoassay development.
- Common areas of research activity could include immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and will vary depending on the needs of the group.
- This may include in some cases testing bead and plate based systems and development, execution and interpretation of scientific research projects pertaining to immunoassay development.
- This is an advanced career level position for someone with a recognized level of expertise and part of the job scope will be supervising and training lower level associates doing routine lab support.
- Support the effort on developing immunoassays, mAb development/ characterization, biomarker research/discovery
- Execute and assist other lab staff in executing their research projects and experiments.
- Designs and carries out immunoassay and refinement experiments.
- Independently able to perform experiments in the laboratory with minimal direction. Provide critical analysis and interpretation of data. Ability to lead working groups/teams and or be a part of project teams as needed.
- Assists planning and executing projects with longer-term scope, strategy and execution. Support new immunological studies and initiatives.
- Analyzing antibody specificity, running and developing new and routine assays.
- Propose and execute on scientific methods for experiments with creativity and reliability. Evaluate new and existing methods with respect to accuracy and reproducibility.
- Preparation and ordering of experimental components and supplies ahead of experimentation and as requested.
- Other lab related duties including: detailed, accurate record keeping, maintaining lab equipment and laboratory supplies and working with laboratory support staff.
- Prepare research/technical reports, process data for presentations, contribute to manuscripts for scientific journals and intellectual property drafts and documentation and / or detailed technical drafts
- Serve as research representative for cross functional team such as Health, Safety and Environment.
- Min 8 years research experience in a laboratory setting with pharmaceutical/ biotech experience a plus. Should have theoretical and working knowledge of scientific principles and immunology work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunoassay design and development. Experience in assaying from serum and/or whole blood with working knowledge on diagnostic assay principles highly desirable.
- Recognized technical expertise in immunoassays and strong experience in various methods such as ELISA, Western blot, flow cytometry/FACS and fluorescence-cell based or bead based immunoassays etc. is preferred.
- Experience in release test development, regulatory processes is plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, attention to detail with logical and critical analytical thinking, ability to handle different tasks, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to routinely and independently propose protocol design, trouble shooting and reliability for executing extended scientific protocols and interpreting data sets.
- Strong presentation skills and able to articulate findings to various levels to management.
- Previous authorship/co-authorship on scientific journal articles/ patents a plus.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills with various research/analytical software/tools beyond excel is desired
- Willingness to learn, develop or adopt new experimental skills as needed is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint .Experience in research and analytical software and other documentation applications.
PhD s need not apply, thank you.
- Minimum is Bachelors and experience or a combination of M.Sc. and experience. in Biology or specific life science disciplines including Immunology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other closely related fields