Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA US
The contract Scientist 2/Senior Scientist will be a member of the Assay Development team in Pleasanton for the development of RUO and/or CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems. The contract duration is for 1 year minimally, and the job level is dependent on the candidate s qualifications. The successful candidate will help develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis. This position is ideal for individuals interested in assay/product development for NGS, involving a design control process.
- The successful candidate must have a background in molecular biology and PCR. Must have experience with reagent and assay workflows related to molecular biology
- It is highly preferred to have hands-on experience in designing, optimizing and validating PCR or NGS based products.
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
- This is a lab-based position, requiring the design and execution of experiments. Based on candidate s experience, the position can also have areas of leading aspects of the project.
- Recommend innovative approaches and study plans based on experimental data. Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Optimize and troubleshoot assay workflows, in order to create and define the optimal performing assay product. Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
- Participation in Verification studies and documentation, such as Reproducibility, Stability, and Limit of Detection studies. Based on level of experience, will lead verification campaigns and author verification studies and reports.
- Strong laboratory proficiency. Must have strong scientific knowledge of the functional science of the techniques that they have worked on
- Experience with Molecular Biology required. Thorough experience with PCR required, including optimizations.
- Knowledge of NGS based workflows including target enrichment, and library preparation is preferred.
- Experience in: assay design, optimization, verification, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation is preferred.
- Experience with diagnostics development is preferred.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biology/Life Sciences.
- Bachelor s, with 3+ years of industry experience
- Master s, with 2+ years of industry experience
- PhD, with minimum 1+ years of industry experience required. Starts at Senior Scientist role.
- Not considering Chemistry or Physics degrees or candidates in the engineering field.