Scientist (non-PhD), Assay Development / Optimization
Marin Metro Area, California
- Develop a variety of analytical methods to detect drug, antibodies to protein therapeutics, and biomarkers in biological matrices.
- Techniques may include (but are not limited to): ELISA, ECLA (MSD or similar), cell-based assays, Elispot, enzyme activity analysis, qPCR, and chromatography.
- Characterize selected assays for transfer to BioAnalytical Testing and participate in validations.
- Analyze data, including basic statistical and graphical analysis, and present results, conclusions, and implications to supervisor, project team and Bioanalytical R&D.
- Develop new techniques, or brings in new technology from the outside, to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group.
- Prepare SOPs, reports and documents such as characterization protocols, development reports, and testing results data reports.
- Preferred: Bachelor s degree in biology, biochemistry or related field with at least 10 years of experience
- Master s degree with at least 7 years experience
- Required: At least 7 years of experience in a laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company working with immunoassays, cell-based assays, chromatography, or other quantitative or qualitative biological or biochemical analytical methods
- Preferred: Experience with GLP or GMP documentation, excellent writing and verbal communications skills.