Scientist, Clinical Pharmacology
Marin Metro Area, California
- Design and interpret PK/PD studies in support of molecules in clinical and nonclinical development
- Analyze, Model, simulate and predict nonclinical and clinical data to drive decisions on dose and frequency of dosing
- Perform population PK and PK/PD analyses on drug candidates as they progress through clinical development
- Interact with pharmacologists, toxicologists, medical directors and regulatory affairs personnel within the company for the timely completion of clinical and nonclinical studies and regulatory filings
- Represent Clinical Pharmacology on multi-disciplinary study teams with a potential to represent the function on project teams
- Write protocol sections, analysis plans, reports, sections to INDs, NDAs, etc
- Ph.D. in a Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmacology or related field such as Bioengineering with an emphasis in PK/PD modeling.
- 0 to 2 years of industry experience (Scientist 1) with a strong background in Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. Post-doctoral or some industry experience is preferred.
- Strong training in PK/PD analyses with a preference for population based modeling and simulation
- Extensive hands-on experience with non-compartmental and compartmental PK/PD analysis using WinNonlin and NONMEM software
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and with different leadership styles.