Research Associate Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing
San Diego Metro Area, California
The successful candidate will support drug discovery projects in cancer and inflammatory disease. Specifically, he/she will work within our next generation sequencing (NGS) group and be responsible for preparing libraries for NGS studies.
1. Proficiency in generating libraries for sequencing experiments, including running protocols and quality control methods.
2. Trouble-shoot and optimize sequencing protocols.
3. Assist in developing new NGS protocols.
4. Accurately maintain written reports and organize data.
5. Review current literature pertaining to NGS technology, oncology, epigenetics, and related assays.
1.Experience in library preparation protocols including, but not limited to, Illumina, KAPA, and Clontech.
2. Knowledge of current NGS technology on Illumina platforms (NextSeq and HiSeq).
3. Experience in operating and maintaining NGS equipment is a plus (Illumina preferred).
4. Highly motivated, organized, capable of multitasking, intense attention to detail, and innovative.
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, is a team player, and is able to think creatively and solve problems.
6. Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 2 years work experience.