Research Associate Protein Biochemistry
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with antibody target identification efforts
- Perform pilot and preparative immunoprecipitations on cell and tumor extracts
- Purify proteins and other macromolecules using chromatographic methods
- Generate lysates and subcellular fractions from tissue culture cells (including radiolabeled cells) and mouse tumors
- Characterize purified material by 1D & 2D western blots, autoradiography
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- Bachelor s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- REQUIRED: 1-6 years research experience performing protein purification and/or immunoprecipitation
- Extensive experience with immunoblots, including slot and western blots
- Experience with SDS-PAGE and electrophoretic transfer of proteins to membranes
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.