Research Associate, Molecular Biology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
Activities expected of this hire will include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with a multidisciplinary team to execute microbiology measurements.
- Conducting molecular biology experiments including PCR and cloning.
- Performing plate-based and tube-based assays
- Develop and execute experimental protocols for various biochemical assays.
- Assisting with general laboratory maintenance, including purchasing supplies necessary to conduct experiments and adhering to laboratory safety standards.
- Ongoing use and testing of early team prototypes of computational tools.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications - BSc degree in microbiology, systems biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or similar. - 3+ years of relevant research experience. - Demonstrated experience with bacterial cell culture and relevant assays e.g. growth assays and plate-based assays. - Experience with performing general laboratory duties such as preparing media reagents, and basic maintenance of equipment. - Strong time management and organizational skills. - Exemplary written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
Desired Preferred Qualifications: - Experience with basic molecular biology techniques, such as DNA, RNA and protein purification, PCR, qPCR, cloning. - Experience with modern high throughput molecular assays (e.g., NGS). - Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry. - Familiarity with analytical and computational methods for analyzing molecular biology data.