San Diego Metro Area, CA
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily be responsible for developing and performing binding assays, kinetic profiling assays, competition assays, efficacy assays and epitope binning of early therapeutic candidates using a wide range of biophysical and biochemical methods including Biacore, MASS-1, Octet, FRET, ELISA, etc.
- Implement and validate protocols.
- Reviewing literature for technical support.
- Data analysis.
- With assistance, executes experiments, conducts analysis and reports results.
- Work with minimal direction to complete assigned tasks.
- Consults colleagues for advice on issues.
- Recognize unexpected outcome/problems; communicates and works with supervisor to solve.
- Learn from the past experience to improve the current process.
- Communicates with peers and supervisors.
- Begin to communicate with departments and customers.
- Works in context of immediate work group or team.
- Has a direct impact on workgroup performance.
- Impact is achieved by contributing to workgroup.
- At least 2 years of industry experience in bioanalytical and biophysical characterization of monoclonal antibodies, Fc-fusion proteins, peptides and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
- ***MUST have experience with Bicaore or SPR instruments.***
- Proven track record of developing binding assays for monoclonal antibodies and other forms of biologics candidates using all or any of the following techniques: Biacore, MASS-1, Octet, HTRF, AlphaScreen, ELISA.
- Thermal stability determination using DSC, DSF and formulation screen to identify ideal storage buffer condition.
- Experience in SDS PAGE is a plus.
- Antibody conjugation experience is a plus.
- Experience in protein expression and purification is a plus.
- Mass spectrometry: Intact mass determination of antibodies and Fc-fusion protein can be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to present scientific data in group setting.
- Excellent organization to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects priorities and meet aggressive timelines
- Committed to working in a collaborative manner across functional areas within matrix organization
- Have mastery of basic lab skills.
- Familiarity with data retrieval and input from database.
- Familiarity with work and business practices to be able to identify and troubleshoot routine problems.
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Biochemistry or related discipline with 2 years of hands on experience in industry focusing on Biologics