San Diego Metro Area, California
As a Research Associate in in Consumables Product Development you will work in a
dynamic, team-oriented environment to develop and build consumables in support of
product development programs.
- Become proficient in surface chemistry processes (chemical vapor deposition, polishing, spray coating, micro-fluidics); use these processes in the prototyping and piloting of new products.
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop manufacturing processes for consumables. Provide assistance with equipment selection and workstation design to meet product quality, throughput and cost requirements.
- Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
- Use systematic problem-solving methods to troubleshoot issues related to product quality, stability and robustness.
- Ability to work independently and within teams to make detailed observations, plan, conduct, analyze, interpret, and report recommendations.
- Support the transfer of new processes and products to Production.
- Support the testing and screening of new materials
- Keep a laboratory notebook
Preferred educational background:
B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering,
biomedical engineering or related field with 0 - 5 yrs experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with surface chemistry processes preferred.
- Exposure to automation, robotics and process design.
- Experience in mentorship or tutoring roles is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with a demonstrated ability to implement complex protocols, able to keep good notes in a lab notebook.
- Strong communication skills
- Multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and manufacturing is highly desired.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, hard-working, positive individual who desires to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets, interpret results, and troubleshoot experiments. Experience with data analysis packages such as JMP,
- Matlab, R, Python, Perl, and an understanding of statistics are preferred.