Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
We are seeking a skilled and experienced research associate to join a team focused on the discovery and characterization of novel biologic drug candidates that modulate Regulatory T Cells (Treg) for the treatment of autoimmune diseases.
The successful candidate will be responsible for expressing, purifying, and characterizing recombinant proteins in support of discovery and preclinical development programs. Demonstrable experience with protein purification techniques and protein analytical methods is required. Experience with growth and transfection of mammalian cells up to liter scale for protein production will be a significant asset. Strong data analysis skills, the ability to prepare written reports, the ability to present results at research team meetings, and the ability to work productively and collaboratively within a tight-knit team are key assets for this position.
- Strong scientific grounding in protein chemistry and protein structure and function.
- Production of recombinant proteins up to liter scale from mammalian cell lines (e.g., CHO cells and HEK cells).
- Laboratory experience in protein purification (e.g. affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, ion exchange chromatography).
- Laboratory experience in protein analytical techniques (e.g., SDS-PAGE, HPLC, DSC).
- Perform data analysis and summarize experimental results, with supervision as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain cell culture reagents and media
- Ensure sufficient laboratory supplies for daily laboratory operations
- Organize, record and maintain experimental data
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assist other staff to complete laboratory tasks as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, Biology related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- or an MS with 2 years
- or PhD with 0-2 years.
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.