Boston Metro Area, Massachusetts
The Biomarkers and Bioanalytics Group provides advanced analytical support to diverse projects with emphasis on biomolecules such as proteins, carbohydrates and lipids using mass spectrometry. The group evaluates and develops assays for enzyme activity assessment and biomarker discovery and validation for use in diagnosis and monitoring of lysosomal storage and neurodegenerative diseases. This position will support enzymatic analysis in complex biological matrices using mass spectrometry. The applicant s duties will include sample preparation and analysis in high throughput assays, liquid handling techniques, data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and scientific notebook maintenance.
Investigates basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision. Integrates, complies, and tabulates data and assists supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results. May provide oral presentations on results to other department members. Works under active supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multitask and willingness to learn is a must.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques is required.
- Experience with high throughput assays is preferred.
- Candidates with 0-3 years of full time industry experience are encouraged to apply.
- BS in biochemistry or related sciences