Boston Metro Area, Massachusetts
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of experiments and analytical procedures.
- Displays an investigative or technological orientation in designing, executing and interpreting experiments and analytical procedures.
- Investigates basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision.
- Plans and prioritizes concurrent experimental procedures.
- Integrates, complies, and tabulates data and assists supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results.
- May provide oral presentations on results to other department members. Works under active supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous execution may cause delays in program schedules, and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Frequent internal company contacts. Infrequent inter- departmental and outside constituent contacts on routine matters.
3 to 6 years
- Experience should be in the area of process sciences, protein chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering or chemical engineering.
- Basic knowledge in protein purification and hands on experience with HPLC, IEX, affinity chromatography, HIC, TFF, UF/DF, and bioanalytical techniques (ELISA, enzyme assays, and protein electrophoresis such as SDS-PAGE and IEF) is desired.
- Responsibilities include bench-scale experimentation in chromatography separation and membrane filtration methods development including performing product-related analytical assays.
- The candidate will be part of a team designing a scalable continuous purification platform for therapeutic proteins.
- Experience with automation engineering.
- Experience with multivariate analysis.
B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 3-6 years of experience or M.S. with 0-6 years of experience in a biotechnology, biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment.