Research Associate I - Molecular Biology
Marin Metro Area, California
- Seeking a highly motivated, reliable and team-oriented individual to join the cell and molecular biology group.
- Will work in a cutting edge environment and use state of the art molecular biology techniques to support the research and development of novel therapeutics for rare genetic disorders.
- Tasks would include use of gene editing in cell lines to assess cellular functions in vitro.
- Requires adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals.
- Proficiency in the use of data management software such as Excel, Prism, VectorNTI.
- Experience with tissue culture and DNA/RNA transfection.
- Isolation of RNA/DNA from cell lines or tissue.
- Analysis of gene expression and function by qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, Western and Flow Cytometry.
- Organizational and communication skills, time management, dependability and the ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential.
- Bachelors or Masters in Biology, Genetics, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field with 2-5 years experience in a molecular biology lab (academic or industrial) is required.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as:
- PCR, electrophoresis, qRT-PCR, ELISA, DNA and protein purification as well as molecular cloning is preferred.