Research Associate, Protein Expression - Mammalian Cell Culture
Marin Metro Area, California
The Research Associate I/II, Bioproduction will be responsible for protein expression in mammalian cells for the proof of concept projects at discovery stage. We are looking for a hard working RA level candidate with passion to learn and apply scientific concepts to improve efficiency and productivities of existing processes
- Mammalian cell culture, small and large scale transfections in CHO cells
- Small-scale mammalian cell culture bioreactor including single use systems
- Protein Analytics using:
- Activity assays
- Electrophoresis techniques
- ForteBio BLI
- Practical experience with cell culture analytical equipment for all typical upstream unit operations used in biomanufacturing
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document process development data
- Writing protocols and presenting data from time to time
- At least 2 years of experience in a mammalian cell culture, protein expression in laboratory, or biotechnology company
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document process development data.
- Small and large scale transfections and troubleshooting, and equipment maintenance.
- Experience with bioreactor operations.
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology and DNA cloning will be a plus
- Previous experience with protein analysis techniques is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and independent, multi-tasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
- Bachelors or master's equivalent experience with mammalian cell culture, bench scale Bioreactor operations