Research Associate, Cell Biology
San Francisco Metro Area, California
- Seeking a highly motivated research associate to contribute to the development of preclinical in vitro cancer models.
- This position requires good technical skills in growing, passaging and freezing mammalian cell lines under stringent aseptic techniques.
- Ideally, the candidate has experience in 3D culture systems.
- This position requires the individual to work in close collaboration with other research scientists, and provide clear and concise result summaries to manager and small groups.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to work in a fast pace environment are essentials. Title and salary are commensurate with experience.
- Maintain and passage multiple 2D and 3D cell lines
- Dissociate and culture mouse xenograft tumors
- General laboratory support
- Support research scientists in cell-based assays and in vitro pharmacology experiments
- Excellent note keeping
- Comply with laboratory safety procedures
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in in vitro culture of mammalian cell lines
- Experience with 3D cell culture systems is highly valuable
- Excellent organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Work well in a team environment
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- B.S. degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of lab experience.