Research Associate, Analytical Testing
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
- The Associate Scientist II - ANALYTICAL provides scientific and technical assistance in the technical development (TD) or manufacture of recombinant proteins, specifically in the area of analytical assay development and execution.
- This role performs laboratory-based analytical testing or studies in support of TD studies and QC/Manufacturing investigations, and assists in assay improvement, development, and qualification studies.
- Executes laboratory-based analytical testing, analyzes results, participates in assay improvement, development, and qualification activities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- With minimal supervision, writes procedures or technical reports that include data interpretation.
- Assists in study design.
- Assists in the design of scientifically rigorous experiments and executes and interprets results independently.
- Maintains laboratory facilities and equipment in accordance with company policies and industrial best practices.
- Provides support for research and developmental studies, clinical or commercial manufacturing as needed.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing personal tasks to meet deadlines, and collaborate proactively with achieving goals.
- Proficient in the area of specialization, including a basic understanding of protein biochemistry and principals behind Analytical assays.
- Must have ability to think critically understanding and analyzing assay results and anomalous data.
- Background in protein chemistry and experience in basic scientific laboratory technique, including pipetting skills, is required.
- Experience with analytical assays, including gel electrophoresis, colorimetric plate-based assays such as Bradford or Lowry, immunologic assays such as ELISA and Western Blotting, and HPLC-based assays is required.
- Experience with assay development/validation or qualification is preferable.
- Educational degrees must be relevant to position (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Toxicology)
- MS or BS +3 years experience