Quality Training Specialist
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
Under general supervision, verifies and assigns training for new employees, contractors and student interns based on their job title/department using established training plans and/or per the request of their functional manager. Submits requests for training through the Learning Management System (LMS) and keeps training assignment records updated.
The Quality Specialist - Training runs employee reports, assigns training based on established training matrices, and generates periodic training compliance reports. Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical experience is highly desirable.
- Under general supervision, runs weekly employee reports to capture any changes in employee status (i.e., new hires, terminations, changes in position) and any organizational changes; updates master list of employees, etc. as needed.
- Under general supervision, verifies and assigns training for new employees, contractors and student interns based on their job title/department using established training plans and/or per the request of their functional manager. Submits requests for training through the Learning Management System (LMS) and keeps training assignment records updated. Periodically runs training reports to verify accurate assignment of training.
- Working within the LMS assigns training, including updating training plans whenever new training is added or course material is revised, to individuals or large groups of employees as requested.
- Documents completion of training in the LMS based upon learner s participation in classroom, workshop, webinar, OJT, lecture/seminar, or other types of training and manages and maintains training rosters (both electronic and paper-based) according to Good Documentation Practices and document retention rules.
- Under general supervision, responsible for creating, modifying and retiring courses in the LMS, as well as managing the scheduling of planned training events. Manages enrollment, cancelation, and wait listing of course participants and follows up on attendance status (present, no show, rescheduled) within the LMS.
- Generates training compliance reports (weekly, monthly, and biannually) and prepares training metrics report for review by Area Managers, Senior Management, and the Global Compliance Officer.
- Assists in the implementation of process-improvement projects, including rollout of a new global LMS, and/or integration activities.
- Must be able to manage and meet multiple project deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and have proven time management skills.
- Must possess a combination of education and experience as follows:
- Minimum Associate's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or medical field
- 2+ years or relevant experience in the medical, diagnostics, or pharmaceutical industry focusing on management of training.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)