QC Associate - Bioanalytical
San Diego Metro Area, California
- Basic molecular biology laboratory skills such as pipetting, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc. required.
- Experience with DNA or RNA sample preparation, sequencing, qPCR, robotics and/or Illumina technology is a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions and perform molecular biology assays with minimal guidance after initial training.
- Knowledge of GMP documentation,
- Work as part of a team that performs routine and non-routine incoming products using various analyzers and instruments to support release, characterization and stability testing of raw materials, production intermediates and final goods.
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical biochemical and molecular biology assays to support release, characterization and stability testing of raw materials, production intermediates and final goods.
- Follow established protocols and SOP s to test raw material and components for QC acceptability.
- Perform daily assignments following written procedures and SOP s and GMPS.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrument problems when necessary.
- Conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; communication required adjustments to supervisor and generating NCR s and Change Orders when necessary.