Process Development Sr. Associate Scientist-Analytical Development
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
- Process Development Sr. Associate Scientist provides Analytical Development scientific & technical assistance in the research & development or manufacture of recombinant proteins, specifically in the area of analytical assay development & execution.
- This role performs & supervises others in performing, laboratory-based analytical testing, or studies in support of Analytical Development studies & QC/Manufacturing investigations, for assay improvement, development & qualification studies.
- May have supervisory responsibility for up to 2 direct reports.
- Executes action plans in support of departmental objectives independently or as part of a team
- Executes & supervises/mentors others in laboratory-based analytical testing & analysis of results
- Authors procedures & technical reports.
- Communicates technical data to project teams.
- Initiates solutions to technical problems & initiates projects to improve operations of lab (throughput, data quality, streamlining, troubleshooting)
- Applies professional principles, established techniques & company's policies/procedures in completion of job tasks.
- Designs studies. Leads assay improvement, development & qualification projects
- Supervises junior staff in the execution of experiments, experimental design & technical report writing
- Independently designs & executes single experiments in the context of larger projects
- Maintains laboratory facilities & equipment in accordance with company policies & industrial best practices.
- Provides support for research & developmental studies, clinical or commercial manufacturing as needed.
- Possesses organizational skills with the ability to prioritize personal tasks to meet deadlines & work with a team to achieve goals.
- Possesses strong written/oral communication skills.
- Assist in laboratory scheduling, data organization & deployment of personnel and equipment for maximal efficiency
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of specialization, including a strong understanding of protein biochemistry & principals behind Analytical assays.
- Takes initiative to remain current in area of expertise
- Proficient with the use of MS Office software. Statistical software (JMP, Minitab) knowledge is a plus.
- Must have ability to think critically & understand & analyze assay results & anomalous data, being a role model to guide others
- Educational degrees must be relevant to position (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- MS + >2 years
- BS+ >6 years