Principal Scientist, Gene Therapy, AAV
Marin Metro Area, CA
Vector Biology group is responsible for initiating and guiding gene therapy projects through the research, pre-clinical and clinical phases.
This is a position for a highly innovative, passionate, and energetic Scientist to develop adeno-associated viral vector technologies in an industry setting. The candidate should be extremely motivated to drive drug development.
- The Principal / Sr Scientist is part of a multidisciplinary research team responsible for using Proprietary technology platform to develop gene therapy applications.
- Must have extensive experience with AAV vectors.
- Major responsibilities include:
- Identification and development of new AAV Applications
- AAV Capsids development
- Vector design
- Optimize Vector Cassette
- Assist in management of projects with partners and/or contract laboratories
- 10+ years of experience working as a scientist in an academic, research, laboratory setting or biotech/pharma company
- Exceptional publication record in leading peer reviewed journals
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to internal and external stakeholders, and at national and international meetings
- Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience and ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Drug development and/or extensive research training
- Ph.D. in the Biomedical Sciences.
- Strong consideration given to Molecular Biologists