Plant Support Manager
Delaware All, Delaware
Plant Support Manager - API Manufacturing
Responsible for the safety, health and well being of all employees and contractors working in the R&D Laboratory
Provides guidance and work direction to department employees, temporaries, contractors, and coops.
- Lead R&D efforts to support development of product line extensions (e.g. PSD grades).
- Manages analytical development activities supporting commercial Quality Control laboratories including method optimization, validation, and transfer as well as routine and non-routine laboratory investigations.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance (DEA, OSHA, cGMP) in the R&D laboratories.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirements include: MS or PhD in chemistry with 7+ years of related experience in an R&D laboratory and/or kilo lab/pilot plant and successful transfer of processes to production. A Ph.D. degree in chemistry is preferred.
- Experience working directly with commercial manufacturing and quality control laboratories is preferred
- At least 2 years prior experience supervising or managing others preferred.
- Expert knowledge of chemistry and cGMP regulations.
- Demonstrated successful experience with chemical process development, process scale-up and transfer of processes to commercial production.
- Knowledge of modern analytical techniques: HPLC, GC, NMR, Particle Size Analysis.