Newark Metro Area, New Jersey
The individual will be joining our newly formed Pharmacovigilance Innovation function as a researcher focused on strengthening our efforts to explore new methodologies for the evaluation of the risks and benefits of medicines, and advancing the science of pharmacovigilance.
The PV Innovation function is responsible for the technical and scientific projects focused on enhancing patient care and safety in relation to the use of our medicines.
Working with a range of exciting new technologies and data sources, the individual will lead and participate in collaborative projects together with universities, health authorities, health technology providers and industry.
- Lead and participate in scientific investigations of drug-related problems.
- Provide pharmacological and or medical expertise in scientific projects.
- Participate in routine signal detection and analysis, including causality assessment of case series.
- Provide scientific support to project team involved in the application of cognitive computing and other artificial intelligence capabilities to be used in the conduct of pharmacovigilance.
- Coordinate and contribute to international collaborative projects.
- Author scientific publications.
- Present research results internally and externally.
Ideally the candidate will have a PhD in pharmacy or nursing, or alternatively a master s degree in Public Health with extensive research experience.
The candidate will have:
- 10+ years work experience in pharmacovigilance
- Experience of scientific studies including authoring of scientific articles
- Extensive experience in data analysis and evaluation of medicine safety data
- Experience of data management
- Experience of Signal detection
It is an added advantage if the candidate also has experience of epidemiological studies, project management and