PV Scientist - PhD
Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
- PhD in Epidemiology, Pharmacy, Nursing or MPH
- - 10+ years work experience in pharmacovigilance
- Experience of scientific studies including authoring of scientific articles
- Extensive experience in data analysis and evaluation of medicine safety data
- Experience of data management
- Experience of Signal detection
- Scientist with deep expertise in pharmacovigilance and epidemiology to work within the PV discovery team
- The individual will be supporting Pharmacovigilance Innovation function as a researcher focused on strengthening our efforts to explore new methodologies for the evaluation of the risks and benefits of medicines, and advancing the science of pharmacovigilance.
- The PV Innovation function is responsible for the technical and scientific projects focused on enhancing patient care and safety in relation to the use of our medicines.
- Working with a range of exciting new technologies and data sources, the individual will lead and participate in collaborative projects together with universities, health authorities, health technology providers and industry.
- Lead and participate in scientific investigations of drug-related problems.
- Provide pharmacological and or medical expertise in scientific projects.
- Participate in routine signal detection and analysis, including causality assessment of case series.
- Provide scientific support to project team involved in the application of cognitive computing and other artificial intelligence capabilities to be used in the conduct of pharmacovigilance.