PCR Assay Development I/II
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
- After introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA). Analyzes and interprets experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods.
- Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings. Assumes accountability for electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation. May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation. Works independently and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems that their individual or team projects. Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships. With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions.
- Ability to execute relevant laboratory experimentation. Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure. 1-3 years of related experience.
- PCR, Genomics Based Assay Development
- Bachelor s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience