Manager of Medical Information
Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in a pharmaceutical science preferred. RPh or RN with previous pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information experience considered. 1-3 years of Drug Information, Medical Writing or Medical/Promotional review experience preferred. 2+ years of clinical experience preferred.
- Searches, reviews, and summarizes available clinical data in the published literature, conference proceedings and internal documents to develop Global Medical Information (MI) responses to requests for MI from healthcare professionals (HCPs) on marketed/investigational products.
- Revises Med Info Response Documents to ensure responses reflect all currently available medical information.
- Reviews and edits MI responses developed by peers and medical writing vendors, ensuring responses are clear, current, medically accurate, and scientifically balanced.
- Identifies the appropriate information resources and prepares customized responses to respond to medical information inquiries escalated by the front line Medical Communications Center and/or local MI affiliates; accurately and comprehensively transcribes all aspects of the interaction within the Global Medical Information database.
- Conducts medical review of promotional and scientific materials to ensure medical accuracy, currency and balance of materials produced by internal business partners (e.g. Medical Affairs Scientific Communications, commercial training, marketing, etc).