Manager - Polymer R&D
Virginia Beach Metro Area, VA
- MS or PhD degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material/Polymer Science with 10+ years of R&D Experience in application
- Experience with polymer science, especially polyamide technology
- The ideal candidate possesses a demonstrated success in developing and commercializing new products or applications
- 10+ years of industrial R&D experience in application development for polymers, materials and chemicals
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Proven track record of building application labs and developing and implementing application capabilities
- Proven track record of the ability to initiate, plan and execute technical projects
- Drive application development initiatives for the production of polyamide resins for carpet, films, packaging, filament, engineering plastics and solvent formulations for existing products in addition to any new application spaces.
- Responsible for the leadership, program management, budget and team development
- Provide Leadership by developing people, coaching and mentoring and related
- Driveproduct innovation.
- Manage the New Product Development process using Stage Gate discipline and Six Sigma tools
- Leverage industry, university or third party collaborations to identify new application technologies.
- Works closely with polyamide chemistry leader, small molecule chemistry leader, marketing and sales leaders.