Laboratory Technician II
Boston Metro Area, MA
Join a team dedicated to supporting process development and other activities within Downstream BioProcess Development, Biologics R&D. The department is responsible for the development and implementation of new biologics purification processes and technologies and for the provision of technical support to the GMP downstream process operations.
- Work independently under general supervision and direction. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Operate complex lab equipment and execute experiments as per written or verbal instructions.
- Prepare buffer solutions or chemicals as needed.
- Prepare and sterilize laboratory equipment for operation.
- Order, stock, and organize chemical and non-chemical supplies
- Run analytical assays including HPLC, ELISA, and SDS-PAGE
- Execute chromatography and TFF operations to support process development studies
- May involve work with hazardous materials. On the job training will be provided.
A general knowledge of laboratory procedures, equipment and terminology. Should be able handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to carry out tasks according to verbal and written instructions. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and effective communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to operate and care for laboratory equipment. Requires physical demands of lifting up to 20-25 pounds.
Requires a minimum BS degree with 2-4 years of experience in a scientific laboratory setting or MS degree.