Lab Systems Management - Technical Support
Newark Metro Area, New Jersey
- Engineer, Lab Systems Management
Purpose of the Position:
The main purpose of this role is to manage the coordination of corrective maintenance for laboratory assets. This position will be responsible for the day to day management of the demand work ticket system and ensuring laboratory equipment is repaired and placed into service based on the priorities of the supported laboratories.
1. Working independently review and co-ordinate work on all demand work orders received through the work ticket system.
2. Ensure proper response to customer work orders and verify that work orders are completed and documented appropriately.
3. Perform routine repairs on laboratory equipment and instrumentation as required.
4. Prioritize and co-ordinate internal and external resources to respond and complete demand repairs.
5. Escort external resources into the laboratories for repairs as required.
6. Co-ordinate, provide and document all required training for external resources who are employed to perform services.
7. Maintain inventory of frequently used repair parts. Order parts as necessary for unique repairs.
8. Ensure customer service expectations are met through consistent communication with end users, internal and external resources to provide clarity regarding timing for completion of repairs with escalation to management if customer s expectations or requirements cannot be met.
9. Establish a system for reporting metrics on the demand work orders in order to provide information to management so that management can respond to changes in the environment. Provide monthly/weekly metric reports to management.
10. Ensure that externally contracted vendors are complying with the service agreements terms and conditions.
11. Ensure compliance with all state, local and company policies, rules and regulations relating to safety, security and environmental protection. Update and maintain programs to support these efforts.
Required Competencies-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation systems (including Dissolution Systems, GC, H/UPLC, KF).
2) Expert written and verbal communication skills.
3) Outstanding customer service skills.
4) Advanced in technical problem solving.
5) Excels at meeting schedules and timelines.
6) Strong interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience:
BS in engineering or science.
Minimum of 2-4 years in pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation operational and troubleshooting experience (including Dissolution Systems, GC, H/UPLC, KF).
Must have experience in cGxP regulatory environments.
Previous experience in Metrology function preferred.