San Jose Metro Area, CA
**PLEASE PROVIDE PORTFOLIO LINKS (w/ passwords) AND/OR WORK SAMPLES**
As an interaction designer, you naturally have an ability to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive. You should have an inspiring portfolio and a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should meet the needs of technical users.
We're looking for an interaction designer who thrives in ambiguity and complexity. Ideally you are someone with experience working with enterprise products or other technical software. You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it, get stakeholder buy-in, and work closely with PM and engineering leads to ensure a successful launch. You are passionate about effective collaboration and are comfortable working very closely with a team of researchers, product managers, and engineers.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA.
- Understand stakeholder goals, research possibilities, and build consensus on design solutions
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wire-frames, mocks, and prototypes.
- Communicate design intent to stakeholders through well crafted presentations and other means.
- Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users needs.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience (preferably with machine learning)
- *Experience designing complex systems, like enterprise products, developer tools, or internal infrastructure
- *Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate design solutions
- *Excellent knowledge of user experience design and related tools and techniques
- *Proven logical, analytical, and investigative thinking