Director of R&D
Athens-Clarke County Metro Area, Georgia
Advanced degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related science (Ph.D. is highly preferred), with a minimum of 10 years of working experience in the pharmaceutical industry in upstream process development
Minimum of 3 years prior supervisory management experience is required
Strong understand of cGMP s and FDA regulations
- Oversight of established scientific process development R&D team
- Initiate and direct innovation and research & development programs for effective introduction of new products and processes, and in support of key growth platform initiatives aligned with the company s strategic plan.
- Develop, manage and implement focused research and development strategies, utilizing internal and external resources, in order to deliver sustainable profitable growth
- Set strategic direction, determine goals/objectives/priorities for multi-disciplinary team of scientists with responsibility for all aspects of the new product introduction process as it relates to R&D.
- Ensures all development projects as implemented meet overall completion dates, are executed within budget estimates and meet technical specifications.
- Identify, develop and pursue opportunities to promote innovation and improve strategy, execution, and organizational design in R&D to better serve the business.
- Corporate responsibility for new product/process development, and analytical method development and validation to deliver sustainable growth
- Strong knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry, and engineering, ICH guidelines and cGMP regulations.
- Experience with chemical process development and analytical method development and validation requirements.
- Use computer software and customize programs to meet business needs, including word processing and mathematical applications.
- Must be able to work with people, influencing their output and work behavior.
- Must be able to work in situations where speed and sustained attention are essential, performing a variety of tasks without loss of production.