San Francisco Metro Area, CA
- Lead Product Discovery through a diverse set of skilled product management methods. In particular, scope and lead design sprints with lighthouse users to jointly deliver meaningful spin-up projects, then incorporate learnings and feedback into our feature roadmap.
- Proactively seek customer and stakeholder input into product strategy, representing our diverse customer base in every decision, especially complex trade-offs. Develop and market-test your recommendations for features in our data science tooling product suite.
- Prototype new tools and features in order to prove value, improve and iterate on them with customers, and provide them to our data science and engineering teams as tangible examples to build and deliver into Production.
- Serve as an industry-expert on your product domain: the customer value proposition, business model, competitors, differentiating capabilities, and 3rd party external tools that we should consider using to build such capabilities.
- Support Product Delivery of the product roadmap in collaboration with Data Science and Engineering
- Support delivery of product capabilities on time, on budget, and aligned with product roadmap through clear specifications, agile development, and strong collaboration with our scrum teams.
- Prioritize product delivery backlog and create clarity wherever needed to improve team agility, velocity, and quality. Support engineers in jointly evaluating design trade-offs for solutions.
- After feature launch, continually improve features by leveraging quantitative data (success KPIs, user engagement) and qualitative data to feed back into future product discovery/delivery cycles.
- Own the strong customer experience and create the scalable foundation for a global user community
- Design a seamless experience to onboard users to our products, coach and teach them to fish . Scope and lead onboarding spin-up sprints where users jointly develop solutions to solve business critical problems in the power domain.
- Develop customer onboarding that scales broadly through digital channels and tools. Build a learning hub with documentation, training, sample deployments, test data, and reference architectures and to support users and provide continued coaching at scale.
- Steward a global community of our users, creating opportunities and processes for them to contribute their back to the platform for others inside Shell to use and build on.
- Minimum 7 years of experience that informs technical product management in complex and innovative energy software solutions with a globally distributed user base
- Experience as a technical product manager with a focus on data science users and tools. Working experience as a data scientist (or quantitative analyst) is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in energy management domain will be helpful to ramp up quickly, particularly energy trading/markets
- Demonstrated experience owning product strategy, discovery, and delivery for software products
- Demonstrated leadership in building strong stakeholder relationships and mitigating conflict
- Comfort across dual-track Agile, continuous integration, extreme development, and test-driven development approaches
- Expertise across a broad range of technologies and software design patterns, including open source tools and contributory communities
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Airflow, Docker, GraphQL, Spark and other modern tools. Fluency in python highly valued; R or SQL also a plus.