San Diego Metro Area, California
- Contribute to informatics and data management initiatives in Research and Early Development (R/ED).
- This hands-on role interfaces with programs spanning both discovery and translational sciences where processing and interpreting multi-platform and multi-dimensional omic data in pre-clinical and clinical settings is being employed to identify molecular drug targets, characterize MOA, prioritize clinical indications and generate patient selection hypotheses.
- Develop, enhance, and automate processes for queuing and prioritizing data management and curation requests
- Implement a quality control (QC) process to evaluate compliance with data models and taxonomies to ensure cohesion of curated data across time as data models and configurations evolve
- Create a rapid means to remediate data that fail to meet curation specifications
- Empower scientists with tools, processes and data structures needed to support project objectives
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely collection, delivery and tracking of analytical information from translational, CRO or collaborating laboratories for curation, ingestion and delivery to computational scientists
- Bachelor s degree in a related discipline with at least 8 years experience in biomedical data management, data engineering, quality assurance, assay development, specimen data management or related discipline
- Extensive experience managing, processing, and applying quality control metrics and processes to a wide range of data types in support of R/ED clinical trials and drug development experiments while working in close collaboration with basic research, translational and computational scientists.
- Demonstrated proficiency with molecular biology concepts; and ability to support, develop and deploy laboratory and other research data management processes and procedures as they apply to complex, high dimensional data sets
- Extensive practical experience in curating and working with diverse but highly-connected scientific knowledge collections and their query interfaces to enable research hypotheses around compound targets, mechanisms of action, and patient response
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate high-level scientific datasets and results into data curation and management strategies and the underlying structures, curation processes and infrastructure required.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with clinical personnel, study monitors, computational biologists, biostatisticians, programmers, and medical writers
Detailed knowledge and experience in case report form design, central laboratories, programming databases, query resolution, data validation
Computer skills: detailed knowledge of at least one data management system (Oracle Clinical or Clintrial preferred), experience with SAS data sets and conversion procedures required; knowledge of MS Office program suite required
Knowledge of distributed database design and implementation, LAMP/ MySQL, etc. with capability to perform/direct/assess implementation of such databases
Strong understanding of LIMS systems and systematic, relational approaches to data integration and data processing workflows
Excellent skills in SAS and R programming and experience in additional computer languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, S-PLUS or Java (or C/C++)
Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems is required
Along with programming proficiency must have creativity, and show a strong capacity for independent thinking and the ability to grasp underlying biological questions
Must thrive in a complex, dynamic environment while adapting to dynamically changing priorities
Must have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Must have excellent time management and organizational skills