Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
- After introduction to work processes, the candidate will organize, conduct and monitor biorepository management activities, such as, incoming and outgoing biological material shipments, verification of materials, resolution of discrepancies, material distribution, communication with internal clients (i.e., project teams) and external suppliers, and related activities utilizing established procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- The candidate assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related activities, and keeps supervisor informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Maintains inventory of biological material and associated data in the laboratory management system. Assumes accountability for electronic records management and use of validated systems ensuring information is maintained in a timely manner, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions. Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems.
- Works independently and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives in a laboratory environment with materials at lower temperatures.
Position Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor s degree in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-3 years of related experience required.
- Work experience within biorepository environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, such as, Word, Excel, Access a must