Biomarker Research Associate
Boston Metro Area, Massachusetts
BS Biochemistry with 0 - 3 years of experience including HTS and research supporting pharmaceuticals
Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques is required. Experience with high throughput assays is preferred.
- Provides advanced analytical support to diverse projects with emphasis on biomolecules such as proteins, carbohydrates and lipids using mass spectrometry.
- Evaluates and develops assays for enzyme activity assessment and biomarker discovery and validation for use in diagnosis and monitoring of lysosomal storage and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Support enzymatic analysis in complex biological matrices using mass spectrometry.
- Duties will include sample preparation and analysis in high throughput assays, liquid handling techniques, data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and scientific notebook maintenance.
- Investigates basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision.
- Integrates, complies, and tabulates data and assists supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results.
- May provide oral presentations on results to other department members. Works under active supervision.