Automation Engineer II
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, California
- This position is responsible for providing automation engineering function on all automated systems on site
- Automation design, review, commissioning, startup and qualification
- Support the system improvement project/activities for Process Automation, Building Automation and Data Historian systems.
- Provide automation support in manufacturing operations
- Collaborates in providing assistance for deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls for automated systems.
- Moderate technical competence in automation technology (prefer biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects including Industrial networks and communication protocols (EthernetIP, Bacnet)
- Ability to effectively work with a cross functional team to achieve expected results
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- 3 - 5 years industrial experience, preferred in pharmaceutical/biotech operations, with working knowledge of production unit operations, cGMPs, FDA regulatory guidelines and validation principles
- Design and/or owner experience with Rockwell Automation System (PLC, HMI, DCS) and PI Data Historian
- Experience on process equipment and utility systems including equipment for fermentation, purification, high purity water, clean steam, compressed gases and waste treatment.
- Good understanding of 21CFR11 and ISPE GAMP guidance document
- Experience on building automation, HVAC, instrumentation and electrical fields is a plus
- Knowledge of S88 Batch Controls is a plus
- Knowledge of control panel design is a plus
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related field.