San Diego Metro Area, California
- Array Development Group, you will play an integral role in developing next generation biochemical assay development (FACS, HPLC, Genetics/Genomics sequencing)
- omic Array based assays for diverse research and applied markets.
- Develop, characterize and optimize assay protocols and automated workflows
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays and associated HW and equipment
- Conduct focused research under general direction of supervisor by planning, conducting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Independently execute verification and validation testing of new Array assay workflows and assay automation software. Complete associated paperwork in accordance with appropriate good documentation standard
- Conduct experiments and analyze data to support a robust supply of key components of the Infinium Assay
- Analyze large complex data sets with statistical methodology
- Participate in fast paced multidisciplinary development and troubleshooting teams
- Keep a laboratory notebook, write reports and prepare presentations
- Become an expert in Illumina s BeadArray assays including, but not limited to, Infinium Genotyping, Methylation, and Copy number variation.
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, results orientated, product development environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- MSc or BSc in Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Bioengineering or other applied Biology or Chemistry field with a minimum 7 years working experience in an industrial R&D environment
- Hands-on experience with development and optimization of workflow / HW for biochemical assays.
- Practical experience with design, planning and execution of system / workflow level verification and validation
- Practical experienced with bio physical characterization metrology (HPLC, binding assays, FACS, surface energy, fluid dynamics etc)
- Proven record of troubleshooting assay processes to deliver root cause and robust fixes
- Experienced in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization for both DNA and RNA.