Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- This role supports genomic and transcriptomic applications for Novartis Oncology projects, working closely with a team of lab scientists to bring cutting edge technologies to understand response in clinical samples.
- The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, DNA and /or RNA analysis, library construction for next generation sequencing (NGS), hybrid capture enrichment of sequencing libraries, and operating sequencing instruments. Associates are expected to follow defined experimental protocols, comprehensively document lab work, recognize problems, provide input on solutions, and follow the established relevant laboratory HSE policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with molecular biology assays, automation platforms, and with the basic analysis objectives associated with NGS data.
B.S./M.S in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or equivalent and 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
- Proficiency with basic molecular biology techniques, DNA and RNA quantification technologies, PCR, and qPCR is required. Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and lab automation is preferred.
- Candidates must have good organizational and interpersonal skills, and a working knowledge of data management and graphing software (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent critical thinking skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work independently are essential.