Cambridge Metro Area, MA
This team supports diverse research projects from various disease areas using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies as the primary genomics platform.
You will work under the supervision of a senior member of the group as an individual contributor or as part of a team and will run/participate in several projects simultaneously that involve mostly RNASeq applications.
Laboratory activities will range from the construction of high-quality sequencing libraries to the operation of laboratory automation systems.
- Good understanding of molecular biology techniques like PCR, qPCR, enzymatic reactions, DNA, RNA purifications are
- Some understanding of underlying molecular biology mechanisms of different protocols
- The ability to accurately follow a written protocol without modification
- Attention to details
- The ability to accurately document work in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Familiarity with any LIMS system
- Genomics libraries construction skills
- Experience with lab automation
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with libraries construction, molecular biology applications
- The ability to operate the Illumina HiSeq2500 and/or MiSeq sequencing instruments
Education and Experiences:
- B.S., or M.S. or apprenticeship training in molecular biology, biology or related fields
- Some laboratory bench experience as an individual contributor in the field of genomics or molecular biology