Associate Scientist - NGS
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
A world renowned In Vitro Diagnostic company in the Bay Area has an immediate opening in their Research group.
|Perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assays on clinical samples|
Minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences with 2-6 year s relevant experience.
- Master degree 0-2 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools, sequence analysis algorithms and NCBI programs such as BLAST
- Familiarity with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Word and Excel applications
- Knowledge of statistics
- Ability to work independently and able to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience handling DNA, RNA and willing to work with clinical specimens such as blood products.
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques on many samples simultaneously.
- Experience in working various automated instruments and robots.
- Proficient with some statistical software (e.g. JMP, R) preferred
- Excellent skills in Excel worksheet and Visual Basic for Application macro scripts
- Multi-tasking ability