Associate Scientist - Analytical Chemistry
San Diego Metro Area, California
The successful candidate will develop HPLC, mass spectrometry, gel and electrophoretic based assays, analyze samples and interpret results for analytical development and characterization of therapeutic nanoparticles containing proteins, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and small molecules in a highly collaborative early development environment. This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role.
1. Must have previous experience and technical proficiency with HPLC methods, including SEC, RP-HPLC, IEC, etc., for the analysis and quantification of proteins. Experience with Agilent HPLC systems is desirable.
2. Must have previous experience and technical proficiency with gel-based methods, including SDS-PAGE, Western blot, etc.
3. Familiarity with a wide range of protein analytical techniques including CE, icIEF, UV-Vis spectroscopy, immunoassay (ELISA) etc. is preferred.
4. Familiarity with mass spectroscopy analysis of proteins is preferred.
5. Experience with mAbs is preferred
6. Familiarity with fluorescence-based imaging and detection (flow cytometry and fluorescent microscopy) will be a plus.
7. Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to document work in electronic notebooks, presentations, reports and procedures
B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely-related discipline with an emphasis in Analytical Chemistry plus a minimum of 4+ years industrial experience in analytical development for proteins and mAbs.
An advanced degree is preferred