Associate Scientist, Nucleic Acid Assay Development
San Francisco Metro Area, California
- Support the development of clinical assays based on our proprietary technologies.
- You will be part of multidisciplinary teams solving complex problems, working on integration issues and investigating new research areas.
- You will be a key contributor within integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new, and improving existing clinical assays.
- Recognize potential problems
- Understand and troubleshoot assays
- Help plan, conduct, analyze, interpret, and report recommendations based on tested experimental results
- Assesses information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results.
- Write experimental reports, summaries and protocols for supervisors, project needs, and other teams as appropriate
- Use standard laboratory instrumentation: i.e.
- fluorescence plate readers
- liquid handling robotics
- Knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols for DNA
- Solid skills in document writing; development of reports, plans, work instructions, etc.
- Ability to handle hazardous and biohazardous materials including human blood products
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in in Biology or Chemistry with 4+ years' industry experience
- Master's degree preferred