Associate Bioinformatics Scientist
San Diego Metro Area, California
- Help in configuration and interpretation of data analysis NGS results to support current CLIA lab operations and assay development experiments
- Help design and interpret statistically powered studies to support test/lab improvements
- Assist in analysis of massively parallel sequencing (NGS) genomic data
- Work collaboratively with other bioinformatics and research scientists to support QC assessment and standardized analysis protocols for each of the projects as appropriate
- Work with the Bioinformatics team to implement new analysis methods in the pipelines based on R&D prototypes
- Coordinate tasks such as collection of requirements, software verification and validation
- Communicate findings to the research scientists and present results to the R&D, process engineering teams, and geneticists
- Develop new lab reports or customize existing ones to meet specific scientific project needs
- Must have minimum of 1+ years of experience in a similar position including general experience in Life Sciences, Genomics, CLIA lab or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience with C++, Java or Python is required
- Experience with supporting / using bioinformatics pipelines
- Experience with genomic analysis of sequencing data and/or working with genetic variant data is desired
- Experience with statistical analysis of multivariate data
- Experience with databases such as MS SQL and Postgres
- Expertise with issue tracking and revision control systems
- Understanding of security and privacy considerations
- Experience with implementation of CLIA and FDA guidelines in a regulated/design controlled environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Must have proficient written, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to both scientific and corporate audiences.
Bachelors/Masters in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field is highly desirable.