Analytical Development Laboratory Technician
Newark Metro Area, NJ
The primary responsibility of this position is samples receiving, logging in, tracking, maintaining test samples inventories, distributing samples for testing and other materials distribution.
- Control samples login process, distribution process (prepare and submit samples to Contract Service Providers (CSP) for testing, submit samples to different laboratories and different sites within Celgene organization).
- Control samples discharge process.
- Ability to perform minor analytical chemistry or physical testing under management or experienced analysts supervision.
- Assist laboratory analysts and scientists in preparing of analytical reagents and solutions required for testing.
- Organization and completion of shipping documentation and entering of data into the database. Control inventory, order laboratory supplies and other materials required for the normal and productive lab operation.
- Control laboratory glassware cleaning process and clean glassware and non-glass lab ware requiring manual cleaning.
- Perform laboratory housekeeping, support lab cleaning process.
- Assist in analytical trouble shooting and investigations as needed.
- Update and maintain analytical data, sample and instruments logbooks.
- Perform routine control and calibration of instruments and equipment if required.
- Monitor laboratory inventory of reagents and supplies. Re-order as needed.
- Other tasks as needed.
A.S. degree (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline or 2 - 4 years in a Quality Control or Analytical Development laboratory experience.